Friday, May 11, 2007

Here's an article I wrote...

http://www.feminist-reprise.org/docs/gorin.htm

This is an article I published in Rain and Thunder in 2002 about lesbians, romanticism, legal marriage.

I am fairly pleased to find it posted and though I cringe at some of the sentence structure (ack!) I am glad to see it holds up over the 5 years since I wrote it.

What has changed since then: Gay marriage is legal in Canada, L-word & Ellen are on the tele, I am in a new long-term relationship where we are planning some sort of non-legal, public-in community celebration, (finding this at feminist-reprise helps me get my head around what we are trying to do, so thanx again for posting it Amy!) I left the Vancouver Rape Relief collective in June 2005, and my kid is now 17.

I spell 'honour' with a 'u' BTW - they must have edited for american spelling. All is forgiven between sisters in the struggle, though...and honor is honour afterall...

peace

No comments: